Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taco Salad With Grass Fed Beef


A few nights ago I made a taco salad.  It was quite yummy if I do say so myself!  First of all, I used ground beef.  Can you believe it?  Ground beef!  What about the ammonia in the beef, you ask?  Ah, this was grass fed beef and it did not contain the Beef Products Inc pink slime.  This beef was not produced by the mass production meat market.  For my new readers, please read the blog post Would You Like Ammonia With That Burger?  The farmer's market is a great place to get grass fed beef.  However, I got a small package from Central Market for this meal.   By the time my crew and I usually make it to the Farmer's market it is usually sold out of ground beef.  Here is a link to find grass fed beef in your area.  http://www.americangrassfed.org/producer-profiles/

The lovely ingredients for the taco salad: grass fed beef cooked with taco seasoning, organic arugula, organic red tip leaf lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, cheddar cheese, Xochitl organic blue tortilla chips http://www.salsaxochitl.com/pages/products/organic.html, and organic peach salsa by Central Market for the dressing.

This was a quick, easy meal that everyone loves.  Although, my kids don't eat the lettuce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment