Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Girl's Got To Eat...Chocolate


I like dark chocolate.  Okay, I LOVE dark chocolate.  If you read my post Chocolate Covered What? you remember that dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) is actually good for you.  Please read Chocolate Covered What? to see health benefits.  So when I passed the chocolate aisle at Central Market, I stopped.  I just wanted to do my part to stay HEALTHY!  I mean, this girl's gotta eat...chocolate.  This girl is just working on remembering that she only needs to eat ONE ounce a day.  Well I found a way to ENSURE I only eat one ounce.

Want to know the secret?  Buy chocolate bars that are 87% cocoa.  They exceed the "healthy" standard and I promise, over eating them won't be a problem!  At all.  Well, maybe if you like strong black coffee in candy bar form, it may be a problem.  But for me, not so much.

My greedy little self thought it would be so much fun to taste test 3 of these 87% chocolate bars.  I even wondered if I would over eat them.  Ha.  NOPE.

There was a clear winner.  The best of the worst.  Green and Black's Organic Dark Chocolate was the most tolerable.


I would not recommend these next two bars.  Ewwwww.  I spit one of them out.  I can't believe I just said that I spit out chocolate.  I did.  Ran to the trash and spit it out.  It tasted like dark chocolate yucky cough syrup.  Again I have to say EWWWWWWW.



My sweet little people liked them though!  All 3 of them ate their one ounce.  They even asked for more.  There was mention of a bit of an aftertaste though.


So if you must have chocolate for the health benefits, this 87% chocolate is the chocolate for you.  It is impossible to overeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment