Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Fraud

The last few days I have had a sick baby boy.  Today he had 104.7 fever and was rushed to the doctor.  He has had a hard few days.  And when one of the kids has a hard day, do you know who else has a hard day?  Yep, that would be me.  Yesterday I found a way to work a salad into my day.  Today, not so much.  In fact, besides the green smoothie for breakfast, it's been DOWNHILL!!!

After rushing a 16 month old, burning hot, struggling to breathe (due to a stuffy nose from a cold) really sick baby to the doctor at lunch time, I went to P. Terry's drive through and got chicken burgers for my patient girls and me.  Don't worry, I didn't have time to eat much.  I had a baby in need.  My nerves were shot today.  In fact, I still feel a bit shaky and stressed about it and it's 9:30.

As I sat on the couch a 9 p.m. to finally eat my dinner, my husband asked what I was eating.  I laughed as I held the bowl close to my mouth so he couldn't see.  Then I said, "I'm such a fraud.  I'm eating granola with dark chocolate chips."  We had a good laugh and I thought it was worth a post.

Perfection isn't expected nor is it needed.  I will do better tomorrow or maybe when my baby boy starts to feel better and sleep through the night.  I give myself grace.  My goal is better nutrition and it drives me...when I have energy and emotional strength.

The goal is better, not perfect.

6 comments:

  1. You're not a fraud! Nobody can eat perfect 100% of the time. If they say they do, they're lying! You are doing great! Hope your baby gets better soon. My oldest had ear infections. They're rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stacey! My little guy is feeling better and that means I am too! Last night it just made me laugh out loud trying to hide my food from my husband. And then the fraud thing made me laugh harder. It was good comic relief after a long, hard day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so scary... I know how hard it is to eat well when trying to take care of a baby. Will definitely be coming back here for tips.. (I've already eaten 4 cookies today. Ugh!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Meditative Mom, It IS hard to eat right when taking care of kids. My Vitamix has made it so much easier. I don't know what I'd do without it!!!! We had another scary day. Today fever was 105.3. Crazy ear infections. I never knew that they could cause such trouble!!! Please do check back. I'm learning more every day about fast ways to eat real food and food my kids will eat!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments and thanks for following my blog! I'm now following you back:) Have a great week :)

    Misty
    http://MistysThoughtsToo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just real! Hey granola is healthy right and if it was dark chocolate they hey its the right kind. But you are my kind of gal. Especially with your head in it! Ha! Glad your kiddos like my music!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete