Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fun Ways To Celebrate Christ Our Savior During Easter

Easter is one of my favorite times of year.  I do grow weary of the Easter bunny overload.  I want my children to understand the real reason for Easter.  I want them to appreciate the sacrifice of our Savior and understand His great love for us.  Here are a few fun ways we are going to celebrate the RESURRECTION of Christ our Savior!


DIY Resurrection Eggs Link  Years ago I made my own set of resurrection eggs in MOPS.  1 of 3 loved it. In fact that it has been played with so much that some of the eggs and most of the items needed to tell the story are lost.  This year I am going to draw pictures of the lost items to fill the egg for a quick and easy solution.  


Resurrection Rolls Recipe

This may be one of my favorite Easter traditions as it puts the focus back on Jesus!  

Here are a few links that give step by step instruction for telling the resurrection story while baking the rolls.  link 1  link 2

And last but not least, here are some of my favorite Easter books.  Of course, there are many good books that tell the story of our King, but these books do so in such a unique way.  Hope you like them as much as I do.  


Little Colt's Palm Sunday by Michelle Medlock Adams


The Sparrow's Easter Song  by Michell Medlock Adams


The Tale of Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt

I'm sure there are many more great books.  My oldest child is 5, so I'm learning what is out there.  Please comment and share you favorite traditions, books or projects!

Happy Easter!  HE has RISEN!!!  HE'S ALIVE.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment