Saturday, April 30, 2011

The "I Could Eat This Every Day" Recipe

Confession, I haven't been blogging lately because I haven't been eating well.  AT ALL!!!

Thanks to a road trip to Louisiana for a few days and the week of trying to get everyone back into our normal schedule, we have gotten way off track food wise. 

I think I am the chief poor choice eater!  Twix have become a favorite.  I didn't buy them, but boy I sure did eat them.  And my daily salads have been more like weekly salads.  It's a bad eating situation over here.

So my goal is to get myself and my family back on track.  

Today 1 of 3 asked if we could make ice cream smoothies with fruit.  After all the junk we've been eating, I was so happy that she wanted ice cream and fruit smoothies.  So of course I made them.  They turned out so great that she said, "I could eat this every day."  I debated the name of the recipe.  As I watched my kids eat the treat, 2 of them were gobbling it up so fast and holding their necks.  It was between "Neck Freeze" and the below name.  I guess you can tell which one won the debate!!

Here is the "I could eat this every day" recipe:

1 large frozen banana
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
1/2 cup frozen mangos
1/2 cup ice cream (we used vanilla tempt ice cream as it is made with hemp milk and 3 of 3 can eat it)
1/2 cup water

Blend on high until smooth.

Enjoy!!!!!  We sure did.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the recipe name! Too cute, it makes you WANT to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete