Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Motivation

So I am still stuck on last Monday's motivation.  I just can't get it out of my head that animals fed GMO corn or soy experienced infertility, multiple miscarriages, and finally in the 3rd generation sterilization.  Since we don't have data to reflect 3 generations in humans, it makes me determined to feed my little people as GMO free a diet as possible.

Today I'll mention the only human experimenting done with GMO.  This is pretty creepy too.


The first human experimenting suggests that "Functioning GM genes remain inside you."

"Unlike safety evaluations for drugs, there are no human clinical trials of GM foods. The only published human feeding experiment revealed that the genetic material inserted into GM soy transfers into bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function.[39] This means that long after we stop eating GM foods, we may still have their GM proteins produced continuously inside us.

"If the antibiotic gene inserted into most GM crops were to transfer, it could create super diseases, resistant to antibiotics.
If the gene that creates Bt-toxin in GM corn were to transfer, it might turn our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories.
Animal studies show that DNA in food can travel into organs throughout the body, even into the fetus.[40]"  Institute for Responsible Technology

Makes me want to drink a bottle of GM canola oil while eating a bag of GM corn chips, maybe Frito Lays, which are probably fried in canola oil and chasing it down with GM soy milk.  I'm going for the living pesticide factory in my gut.  How about you?

Oh, and if this information is wrong and there are no functioning GM genes in our bodies, I have cut out processed foods and other junk foods that lead to a host of other health problems anyway.  So either way, my kids win and are healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment