Monday, November 15, 2010

I've Lost That Craving Feeling!

Lost another 2 pounds and my husband has lost another 2 1/2 pounds this week.  I started wondering why I am feeling much more satisfied after eating.  Why all of a sudden am I no longer craving chocolate, sweets in general, and the foods I ate only weeks ago?  I am not and have never been a dieter.  I have never changed my eating habits to lose weight.  This time is no different.  I am not dieting but trying to live healthier.  I did a bit of research about organic foods and found this explanation as to why going organic has made such a big difference in our lives.

The food we consume provides for the fuel our body needs to perform effectively.  We need foods rich in nutrients to perform at our optimal levels.  Non organic food is grown in soil that is fertilized by 3 minerals: nitrogen, phosophorus and potassium.  Our bodies need over 50 minerals.  When we eat this food it offers minimal nutrition.  Even though we are feeling full our bodies are not completely nourished.  So our bodies keep telling us to eat more.  It is desperately trying to get the nutrients it severely lacks.  This leads to food cravings, overeating and obesity.  Organic food is raised with natural fertilizers that provide the plant with many more minerals our body needs.  When the body is full, it is satisfied and nourished.  Therefore, no sugar craving and ice cream binges.  That is the best explination I have found.  I am telling you the truth, the plastic Halloween Pumpkin is still filled with candy, even Kit Kats, my used to be favorite!  I've lost that craving feeling.  WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!  I just asked my husband and he said he's craving diminished, but not yet craving free.  It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment