Monday, November 8, 2010

Kid Tested And Approved Easy Meal

Tonight I pulled out a variety of items for a grown up meal and a little people meal.  Then I was distracted by a little person that kept pulling out plastic plates, bowls, and cups from the cabinets.  And then another little person who kept tripping over them!  So after all the starts and stops I decided to try to salvage the kale and chard I had already cooked.  I grabbed some quinoa gluten free linguine pasta, rotisserie chicken left over from lunch and pasta sauce.  I threw this together and topped it with parmesan cheese.  It was a hit.  Especially with 1 of 3 and 3 of 3.  I had to dig into my dinner and share as they couldn't get enough.  Unfortunately 2 of 3 would not even try it, which is pretty much 2 of 3's norm these days.  Kale and chard are always great food to sneak into a meal.  Kale has a lot of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.  It is high in Vit K, Vit C, beta carotene, calcium, and other nutrients.  Chard has high levels of magnesium, calcium, Vit K, iron, potassium, vitamin A, folate, zinc, copper, vitamin C, dietary fiber, and vitamin E.  This fast meal was a nutritious meal I felt really good serving my family.  Perfect for the mom of 3 who had too many cooks in the kitchen tonight!

Ingredients:  organic kale, orgainic chard, olive oil, salt and pepper, rotisserie chicken, organic pasta sauce, organic quinoa linguine pasta, and parmesan cheese
Directions:  Chop the kale and chard into small pieces and saute in olive oil with a bit of salt and pepper.  Boil the pasta.  Heat the pasta sauce then add the chicken and cooked kale and chard.  Top with parmasan cheese. 

PS.  This was also the first time we tried the supergrain quinoa linguine pasta by Ancient Harvest.  I have to say this was the best pasta noodle I have ever eaten.  I loved the firm texture and the taste.  Also, 1 of 3 who never eats pasta loved it too and asked that I buy it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment