Tuesday, March 22, 2011

And With A Wave Of Her Wand...

My professional organizer, Noa, has helped me tame my house and make it much more enjoyable.

I LOVE Groupon!!  Last year I bought a voucher for a 3 hour professional organizer for $35.  I had a year until it expired.  Last year I was no where near ready to organize.  I was in survival mode with baby number 3, a 1 year old, and a 4 year old.

I'm back to myself and roaring to get back in the game!!!  Last month I finally scheduled the appointment.  I LOVE my organizer, Noa Simmons, from Noa Noa Design Solutions.  She is delightful and works her magic quickly.  For the initial 3 hour organizing project I chose my kitchen.  If you read my blog, you know I cook a lot!!!

It wasn't until we finished up with the kitchen that I knew I had to have her return.  Really, I had no idea just how badly I needed her help until we finished the kitchen.  I actually had an empty drawer and shelf when she finished!  I have had her come back 3 more times.  We are going though this house room by room, closet by closet.  And then last but not least we'll tackle the garage.  I need order in this place with my 3 little people that are always getting into things and making more "mommy" work.  Organized space has made an astonishing difference!

For the past few weeks I have neglected my blog as I have had "pre" organizing work to do.  I have to organize my mess so Noa can organize the room!  It's been fun to read letters from old friends and find treasures I thought were lost forever.  It has also been fabulous to complete projects I have wanted to tackle for years.  My husband and I painted his office and I have cleaned almost every square inch of this house in the organizing process.

I hope to be back to my regularly scheduled blog posts tomorrow.  For now I"ll leave you with a picture of today's project, a newly vacant room which will become my craft room.  We focused on the closet.  The closet is the catch-all for my hobby supplies:  painting, sewing, scrapbooking, crocheting and a few others.  Ahhh.  I now have all kinds of space.  I might even take on a NEW hobby.  See, I have room for more junk!!!



I would highly recommend Noa for any friends that live in the Austin area.  She is just a lovely person with a great skill of organization and design.  LOVE her!!  Here is her website and phone number.  www.noanoadesign.com  512-739-1267


Oh, and if you don't know about Groupon, here is a link to check it out.  Groupon sends out daily emails with deals at least 50-90 percent off of retail.  Great stuff!!!  


Off to finish a few odds and ends left.  What a difference an organizer makes!

1 comment: