Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Would Make These Chocolate Chip Cookies Every Night



The hunt has begun for tasty gluten free options for our favorite foods.  Every momma has to have a good chocolate chip cookie recipe in her kitchen arsenal.  Right?

The funny thing is I can't even remember the last time I made chocolate chip cookies.  Maybe 6 months ago?  Now that 3 of 3 has to be on a gluten free diet, I find that I need a chocolate chip cookie recipe!  NEED!

I found this recipe on Elana's Pantry. All of her recipes look or sound fabulous!  Looking forward to trying them out soon.

Now I've got a recipe I don't feel guilty about making often for my sweet little people.  Blanched Almond Flour is the secret ingredient that allows all the members of our household to enjoy this treat!  I like that!

This recipe has been taste tested and approved by all in the house.  In fact we are wishing there were just a few more to try out.  We ran out of the most of the ingredients.

We used Bob's Red Mill Almond flour as that is the only almond flour the grocery store carried.  Loved the cookies even though the recipe states: Do not use Bob's Red Mill Almond flour as it does not yield successful results.

Since I thought these cookies still turned out great, I am looking forward to ordering some of the other almond meals.  The recommended almond flours are by Lucy's Kitchen Shop or Honeyville.

Go ahead, try it out.  Even if you are need not rid all gluten out of your diet, I think these almond flour cookies are fabulous!  



Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookiesprinter friendly
2 ½ cups blanched almond flour *
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate chips
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
  4. Form 1" balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
  5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
  6. Cool and serve
Makes 24 cookies
Please note: Bob's Red Mill almond flour does not yield successful results when used in this recipe. For more information regarding this matter please see my FAQs.

1 comment:

  1. My niece and I just made them again except we substituted the butter for coconut oil. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete